Monday, June 15

My Bible Study Today: James Chapter 1

Funny I have "had to," through different bible studies going on with different people, read and or study James chapter 1 and 2 3-4 times in the past 4 weeks. Think God is trying to tell me something?

So skipping over meditation on my favorite verses this time I decided to focus on the other verses to see what I have been missing.

I have a question about verse 10. "But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position..." This verse always makes me go "huh?" I honestly don't get it. Any opinions on what this might mean? I would love a discussion in the comments. :)

vs 20 spoke to me loud and clear! I am now holding a holy ice pack on my head from getting hit with this one. I am USUALLY ALWAYS (lol) very calm and collected and shake my head at people who outburst and don't take the time to understand others before jumping to conclusions. But last week when a lady backed into my car and ripped of the bumper on my brand new (to me) car I panicked and yelled "This is a brand new car, don't you look where you are going when you back up!?!?" I didn't even think to ask her if she was okay.

Afterward I had to tell my husband to handle things for me and I sat in my car and hid.
I have felt so much guilt over this since then.

This is totally out of my character and I honestly have no idea where this came from. An old friend and pastor of mine said to us once "When you are squeezed what comes out? This is what your heart is made of."   In this very situation I have to say I don't believe that to be true because that was definitely not me that came out. I am embarrassed and guilt-ridden because of it.

But that's just me being stubborn.
So today I am healing and learning from all of that and diving into God's word a little more purposeful than ever before. Seeking to find Scripture that I can memorize for those times when I may be squeezed in the future.

Verses 22-25, are more favorites. When I read these I want to glue a mirror to the front of my Bible. LOL. I feel it is SO SO SO important to read God's word. I happen to know a few Christians who only pick up their Bible's on Sunday on the way out the door to church. I used to be one of them. I wonder what your opinion is of these kinds of Christians? Can a person saved truly be a Christian if they never read God's word on their own?

This led me to a study on verse 22 "...humbly accept the word planted in you."

This is where I will spend the rest of my study time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment