Wednesday, September 18

Changes

1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
 
This year has been a doozy!
Actually, I should say this past summer was a doozy!
 
I called it our season of change because for a few weeks it seems as if "My life got flipped, turned upside down. And I had to take a minute, just sit right there and tell you how I..."  made it through it all.
 
PRAYER
 
I am so thankful I have a God who stands by me no matter what, who I can turn to at any time of the day and say, "Um, Lord, YOU do this, because I can't."
 
In a nutshell this is what this summer brought us..
~A decision to homeschool
~A decision for my husband to accept a new job, in the middle of nowhere.
~A decision for our family to move closer to where he'd be working.
~A Diagnosis of high blood pressure (diet changes)
~A Diagnosis of Diabetes (more diet changes)
~A minor surgery (first surgery ever)
 
All of this happened in about a month!  Every one of these situations is a MAJOR event and every of them cause a tremendous amount of stress and a couple of those that were listed were increased by stress which caused more stress about stressing to much about the stress... "Um, Lord? No more. Please?"
 
But in time everything worked itself out.
 
We did decide to homeschool our kids this year, which I will go into more detail about in a future blog.
 
My husband decided a couple of days before turning in his 2 weeks notice at work that this just wasn't what he thought God wanted us to do.
 
That took care of the moving- Woo-hoo!
 
Blood pressure has been staying under control with medications so far, to be tested later to see how diet changes are taking effect.
 
Diabetes diagnosis was later determined to be only PRE-Diabetes, however I have changed my diet tremendously and I am feeling much better. I lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks. This is the first time I have ever LOST weight on purpose. However I did slip back into bad habits about 2 weeks later and those dreadful pounds found their way back to my scale somehow. But as of Monday I have been back on my lifestyle change and I hope I don't fall back again so soon.
 
And the surgery went well. It was just a small removal of a lump on my head that was about the size of a pencil eraser. I wasn't worried about the actual surgery. What made me slightly uneasy was it was my first time going under anesthesia. Didn't know what to expect. It was a very weird experience but I am good now. Part of my head is numb still, and a small piece of the incision is still very tender but it seems to be healing well.
 
Thank you, Lord.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment